Ever wondered what goes on behind-the-scenes on every level in a fair trade-social enterprise? Our local and remote internship opportunities offer an incredible hands-on experience for world changers & dreamers interested in becoming a part of the Hands Producing Hope story.
All internships are available both locally and remotely, except for the Admin & Operations internship, which is in-office only (our office is located in Baton Rouge, LA). All internships require 10+ hours/week and are unpaid, but we are happy to help you get class credit, if applicable.
We are now accepting internship applications for Summer and Fall 2017.
+ Graphic Design
The Graphic Design Intern should have a firm grasp on Adobe Photoshop and InDesign. They will work closely with the Product Development and Marketing interns to produce quality designs. This is the perfect opportunity for a graphic design major to gain experience and prove their skills. Their work will be utilized on our website, through our social media channels and even on our marketing and promotional materials. Because of the importance of this roll, we will only fill this position with the right candidate, preferably a graphic design major or minor.
- Email campaign design and creation
- Basic photo shoots
- Minor photo editing
- Create social media graphics
- Banner design
- Website banner design
- Marketing material design
+ Marketing & Public Relations
Hands Producing Hope's marketing is heavily focused on social media. The Marketing & Public Relations Intern will be in charge of the blog, as well as the brand's official Instagram and Pinterest accounts. They will research up-and-coming companies, collaborate with like-minded brands and bloggers and build solid relationships through social media.
- Brand outreach
- Focus on SEO optimization
- Review stats and social metrics
- Strategize social media and campaign planning
- Develop PR strategies and implement ideas
- Create content and post on social media
+ Partner Relations and Sales
A vital part of Hands Producing Hope's success are the retailers who carry our products and tell our story. As a young company, we are constantly growing our base of retailers and desiring to improve our relationships with those that already sell our products. The Partner Relations and Sales Intern must be a confident communicator and comfortable on the phone. Sales experience a plus.
- Interpersonal support to network of retailers
- Represent brand to potential new stores
- Research potential retail partners
- Update wholesale inventory
+ Admin and Operations
The Admin and Operations Intern is a motivated individual who wants to experience the behind-the-scenes energy of running a social enterprise. The intern will work directly with our executive director to help day-to-day operations run smoothly. Must be organized and great at communication.
- Basic data entry
- Routinely update website
- Manage inventory
- Order fulfillment
- Develop new operation systems
- Prep for local events
Please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Cover letter - include the university that you attend, your expected graduation year and the position that you are applying for
- References: 2 professional and 2 personal
- Answers to the following questions:
- Why do you want to Intern with Hands Producing Hope?
- What strengths do you believe you will add to our team?
- How do you hope to grow through this internship?
- Why does the work of HPH matter to you?